Dark Sun News!
- Blue Box RPG’s Loremasters Arcanum twitch show featuring Robert Adducci
- Blue Box RPG’s Loremasters Arcanum twitch show featuring June Soler
- Baxa Thri-Kreen Drawing
- Lawful Stupid blog, Repost #1 - Rules from other Editions
- The Athasian Survey Project 18 - Shazlim and the Dragon’s Bowl
- Expanded Random Encounters Repost #5 - Salt Flats
Sean Bowman is working on a Pathfinder 2e version of Dark Sun, and posted a work-in-progress on the Facebook group
- BlueBoxRPG’s Sea of Dark Sun
- Mysteries of Athas a 2e actual play continues with Balic: VIII Into the Undercity
Raiders of the Chanth
## First, the facts: * This adventures came out in the December 1993 issue of Dungeon, #44 * It was written by Randy Maxwell: * He’s written a couple RPG Products * Dungeons of Despair for AD&D 2nd edition * The Northern Waste for MERP 1st and 2nd edition * He also wrote several other articles/adventures in Dungeon & Dragon magazines * Unfortunately this adventure is in an issue of Dungeon that is no longer available through normal channels. It was from a time before people considered digital copyrights, so WotC cannot sell them. * It’s billed as an adventure for four to six players of levels 3-6
What’s the premise of the adventure?
- Raiders from the Big Fork island have been swooping down on caravans on the road from Altaruk to Grak’s Pool and Altaruk to Gulg. The raiders ride sail-powered levitating platforms.
- This adventure has a lot in common with the movie Gandahar, usually known in the U.S. as Isaac Asimov’s Light Years.
- Brief segue to explain
- The adventure really does a great job of encapsulating basic DARK SUN action: Mixed groups of gith and human raiders are attacking the trade routes, you backtrace them to their lair which is an ancient tower, and you find out that there’s a (literal) mastermind behind it all.
- And the Chanth itself is also almost like the Master in Fallout!
- Big Fork Island Overview
- Dark Tarn Oasis/Herders
- Island Random Encounters
How we’ve used it in our campaigns Robert: I’ve run this several times in person and online. Nate on Reddit posted maps for it:
Judges Guild Link, from hex map, 10/500/ ½ mile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGixGnDa-ck
- Twitter @Raddu76
- Bluesky: @raddu.bsky.social
- Dark Sun Campaigns looking for players:
Bone, Stone, and Obsidian
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Credits Treasure Hunter by Ross Bugden Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Edited by Robert Adducci kplpQClpyhxpZgQU0TsR